Friday, January 01, 2010

Goals for 2010

I'm turning the big 3-0 this year. So at first I was going to set 30 goals for myself...but that's a bit much, even for me. My 10 goals for 2010 are:

1. Throw myself a kickass party for my 30th
Consider this advanced notice. I have never thrown myself a big birthday party before and I'm going all out. I'll be having an all white party at a location and date (early March) to be determined. So what that my birthday is in the middle of winter...we'll just have to wear winter white.

2. Pay off another debt
Now that I paid off the debt consolidation loan I want to turn my attention to another major bill and pay that off.

3. Take a new approach on my health
One of my girls goes to a natural health doctor and I want to try it. I'm tired of the asthma medications and allergy shots and weekly chiropractor visits. I've done the standard, traditional medicines. Now I'm ready to try something new.

4. Re-join the gym
I actually enjoyed going to the gym. I miss my anti-gravity yoga classes, urban rebounding classes and my trainer kicking my ass. I remained a member until my company allotment for fitness ran out. New year, new allotment.

5. Go to Vegas as many times as I can
If I could go once a month (12 times this year) I would. But I think 4-6 trips to Vegas will be sufficient and make up for lost time.

6. Increase my savings
After I pay for my birthday party I have to go back to being responsible and putting more in my savings.

7. Try new recipes
I save recipes from magazines all the time and I own several cookbooks. It's time to start trying out some new recipes.

8. Expand professionally
I have been filling in as a project manager at my job and I like the new challenge. So I want to kick ass as a PM and see what it leads too.

9. Go to more Broadway shows
I've been saying for years that I want to see Wicked...it's time I make that happen. There are also a few other shows that I'm interested in seeing.

10. Purge, purge and purge some more
I once read that if you want to have someone in your life you have to make room in your life. For me, I think I need to start by making room in my apartment.

I'm all about setting realistic macro and micro goals for myself. I feel if you aim too high you'll only be disappointed if you don't reach it. So here's to another year of growing personally and professionally.

No comments: