Thursday, May 24, 2007

Salsa Anyone?

Have to give y'all an update on my hip hop classes...they made my knees hurt.

Nah, I enjoyed taking the classes. I didn't enjoy getting up early on Sunday mornings after staying out late the night before BUT once I got going in class I was good. I'm thinking about taking more classes this summer but later in the day on Sundays. But I'm not really sure I want to commit to 8 Sundays of which I'll know for sure I'll miss 2 of them. So I guess I'll wait until September to re-enroll.

On to salsa...I have been taking salsa lessons off and on since 2002. By now I should probably face my fear and enroll in an intermediate class. I just think everyone teaches it differently so I'm not sure the same terms apply across the board. I actually met someone at one of my speed dating events who is taking lessons and is trying to convince me to go out salsa dancing.

I don't know what it is. I have no fears about hip hop dancing at all. And I always find a way to incorporate what I learn in class to what I do in the club. But with salsa I fear not being good enough. Getting on the dance floor and forgetting the moves or in my mind confusing salsa with cha cha, merengue or whatever other dances my various instructors have intermingled.

Sounds like I need to take that guy up on his offer and face my fear.

No comments: