Tuesday, May 05, 2009

All That I Can't Have

I completely understand why people don't stick to their diets. Now when I think about food all I think about it is all that I can't (or shouldn't) have.

I've never been the type to eat a lot of crap. You won't find me with my hand in the cookie jar or eating lots of sweets and treats. But apparently the foods I like, for me, are also bad for me.

I LOVE potatoes. Trainer says I can't have it because it has too much starch.

I get salt cravings. Trainers says no sodium. So I can't even have Chex Mix which is a lot healthier than the Lays potato chips I used to devour.

I could eat pasta every day because it is inexpensive and easy to cook. Trainer says I have to cut the pasta from my diet.

I used to not eat breakfast regularly. I started eating 2 pieces of raisin bread and a smoothie that I would blend every morning. Trainer says no more raisin bread and I need to curb my intake of fruit (fructose sugar) and yogurt (dairy).

Every day I drink 8-16 ounces of Naked Juice. Trainer says I should only be drinking 4 ounces because of the fructose.

One of my favorite snacks is to take a graham cracker and put a piece of cheese and pepperoni on top. Trainer says no graham crackers and american cheese is the worse kind of cheese to eat.

I make a kick ass shrimp and corn chowder. Trainer says I shouldn't be eating corn.

It's just hard to discern when you are taught that fruit is good for you but if you eat too much fruit then you are having too much sugar. Yogurt is supposed to be good for you but it's bad because it's dairy.

So I don't get it. What am I supposed to eat? If these are all the things I can't eat what the hell can I eat? No wonder I'm hungry all the damn time. All the things I want to eat I've been told I shouldn't eat. I am so frustrated. Some days I just want to say fuck it, I'm not going to eat anything...but wait, can't do that because if I fall below 1200 calories my body will be in starvation mode. It's just too much to think about. What happened to the logic that you could eat what you wanted in moderation if you balanced it with working out? I can deal with the pain and soreness my body is experiencing from working out. But I draw the line when it comes to my food.

1 comment:

BSG1 said...

I've run in to this same problem. I found myself "eating right" and ran out of things to eat. I was hungry all of the time and always anxious about what I "could" eat. I lost 4lbs in one week and said realized I needed to do more research before I gave up everything and disappeared, LOL!