Tuesday, October 31, 2006

GYLS

This month has been so busy with the surgery on my foot and now this project I have been working on at the United Nations.

For the past two months I have been working to set up and implement a student project with the United Nations for the Global Youth Leadership Summit. It has been a lot of conference calls, emails, meetings, etc. But this weekend the event actually happened and 10 students from around the country came to provide daily news coverage of the event.

I have been working out of the United Nations Educational Outreach and the staff has been extremely helpful. Today is the last day and as great as the experience has been it's a lot of work, more work than going to my daily grind, and I can't say that it has gone on without any kinks in the road. But checkout the work the students did. To be thrown in to an event like this they did an outstanding of job of getting the stories told.

No comments: