Thursday, November 02, 2006

Holiday Travels

I'm not a big fan of the holidays. I don't have a family of my own (or a man) so the holidays just don't hold that same warm and fuzzy feeling for me as they do for other people. But thank GOD for my friends. As I have said many times before my friends are my family.

So for Turkey Day I'll be in the A-T-L. Home sweet home to me. My crew is doing our usual friends and family potluck Turkey Day. So I worked it out with my boss to work that week out of the Atlanta offices of SI.com. But this will be interesting because I'm having surgery on my right foot 96 hours before my flight to Atlanta. And I have rented a car as well. I'm anxious to see how I'll be able to manuever. But when there is a will there is a way and I'm the most stubborn person I know. :)

But the holiday fun doesn't end there. December 16 the crew is doing our annual Holiday Slumber Party. Yes, your eyes did not deceive you. It's a slumber party just like you used to have when you were kids. Everyone MUST wear pajamas. The event is pot luck, we play games, talk, laugh, drink, watch movies, listen to music, etc. We go to sleep, at least for a lil while...Unk T cooks us breakfast in the morning and everyone goes home after breakfast. It's pretty straight forward and tons of fun. And I wouldn't miss it for anything.

I don't have anything planned for X-mas or New Year's Eve but it's just the beginning of November. Who knows what might happen? Maybe some surprise trip will happen like last NYE or maybe I'll go to Vegas...

No comments: