Thursday, March 08, 2007

Hip Hop Musings

I'm working on a project at work so I've been listening to a lot of Launch. Here are some random thoughts the music has inspired.

Will Rich Boy be a one hit wonder? I mean...who names themselves Rich Boy before they are rich. And he is a funny looking dude...his face/head has an awkward shape.

I'm really feeling the song "Wouldn't Get Far" by The Game. The song makes me think of my trip to Vegas. At one point, when I was actually awake during the car ride MS played that song. Although the song lyrics have nothing to do with travelling the words "wouldn't get far" makes me think about how I almost didn't make it to Vegas.

Could Mims really make a million saying nothing on a track? I thought he was saying that to imply that he was a producer before he was a rapper or something. Kanye West could make a million saying nothing on a track. And why Mims got Remy Ma in his video like that is a good look?

If you have ever seen the "I'm a Flirt" remix video at the end a phone number flashes across the bottom of the screen. So I was tempted to see what I would hear when I called up. It's a recording with a few snippets off his upcoming album called "Double Up."

I think R. Kelly came up with the song i'm a flirt in one of my his many court appearances because the first verse says "I swear to tell the truth and the whole truth." Why does T. Pain's voice sound like Roger in the song "Computer Love." If I had a boyfriend T. Pain could not get my boyfriend mad. And I don't care how much R. Kelly would ever flirt cause I'd be scared to leave the club with him...he might piss on me...or worse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Rich Boy is Hood Rich....(yes I'm reaching)

and hell will Mims make a Million off this track?

and I have no words on The Ruh.

Anonymous said...

Rich Boy - not even him being rich would make him cute

Mims - he already said it, its all about the hook and the track...outside of that its lyrical garbage

R. Kelly - I think the world has just accpeted his musical genius come with a price. Hide your daughters.

Anonymous said...

Could Rich Boy's riches fix the shape of his head?

Mims HAS to tell us over and over again why he's hot, because otherwise we wouldn't know.

And yes, Aruh might pee on you...

Anonymous said...

Leet's see...

Rich Boy - 1 hit wonder. And I still wonder how he got a record deal.

The Game - I hate that damn song. He is calling people out for no damn good reason. My money says it has no truth in it, they all just shot him down when he tried to holla.

Mims - No talent

R.Kelly - Hide all the young girls when he comes to town.