Thursday, December 27, 2007

Goals for 2007 Recap

It's that time of year when you take a look back and then plan for the future.

So in looking back I looked at the 3 goals I set for myself this year and how I did in achieving or not achieving them.

1. Pay off some credit cards
Every year I gain more ground with this goal. This year I decided to take out a debt consolidation loan and it has changed my life. I'm on track to be credit card debt free by September of 2009. But I'm an overachiever so I'm hoping to pay it off sooner than that.

2. Get back in shape
I didn't do as well as I hoped with this goal. I started taking salsa and hip hop classes in the beginning of 2007 but didn't continue with it throughout the year.

3. Keep on cooking
I still don't cook as often as I should or could. I realize my problem is that cooking requires focus and I'm a multi-tasker. It's very hard for me to do one thing at a time. I can't cook and watch TV or cook and talk on the phone because that's a recipe for disaster. I did burn the hell out of myself again this year, making cupcakes...I know who burns themselves making cupcakes. But I have perfected my gumbo, my cornish hens are always juicy and my yellow rice and peas never fail as a great side dish.

So overall I'm happy with how I progressed in 2007 but there is always room for improvement in 2008.

No comments: