Thursday, December 21, 2006

Goals for 2007

It's that time of year again when we reflect on the past year and hope the new year will be an even better year. I'm not in to making new year's resolutions that are so far fetched that I have a better chance of winning the lottery than achieving my resolutions. But I'm all about setting goals for yourself and working towards attaining those. Resolution, goal, whatever you call it, I always try to make sure it is something that is within my reach. So as always I'm keeping them short, simple and to the point.

1. Pay off some credit cards
This is on my list every year and in 2006 I didn't do too bad. I paid off some of those store charge cards. Now it's time to hit some of those major credit cards.

2. Get back in shape
Notice I said get back in shape and not lose weight. There is a difference. I think people focus on the wrong thing when the focus is on just the weight. Having the surgeries and not being able to dance I don't feel like myself. So I want to get back in to taking dance classes, particularly salsa. If I lose weight in the process, great, but I'm not worried about my weight.

3. Keep on cooking
I am ending this year on a bit of a cooking kick and I hope to expand upon that. I have no confidence in my cooking. I think it's okay enough for me to eat and not starve but not palettable enough to be shared. Aristocrates has unwillingly been my guinea pig. He says the food I have made tastes fine and he hasn't gotten sick off of anything I have made...yet. And he would never miss out on the chance to use my bad cooking as a joke, so since he hasn't picked on my cooking I guess he's telling the truth when he says it's fine. If anyone knows of any simple cookbooks and a list of things all cooks should have (like spices to always have, etc.) I'm open to suggestions.

And there you have it...my goals for 2007.

What are your goals for the new year? What are some things you would like to accomplish in the first 3 months, 6 months and by the end of 2007?

No comments: