This past week I received a lot of compliments on my hair. It was soft with shine, volume and movement. I have a few good hair days, but I can't remember the last time I had a good hair week. So I'm going to share the secret to my hair success.
1. I washed my hair with Dr. Miracles Tingling 2 in 1 Dandraff Shampoo & Conditioner.
2. I conditioned with Aphogee Balancing Mosturizer. I put it on my hair, put on a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. I washed out the Aphogee and conditioned again with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Conditioner.
4. I rinsed my hair thoroughly, making sure no product was left in it.
5. Towel dried my hair and sprayed it with Dove Heat Defense Therapy.
6. I blow dried my hair straight.
7. I used my FHI Heat flat iron at 370 degrees (it can go as high as 450).
8. While flat ironing my hair I heated up my Conair Hot Rollers.
9. Once my hair was flat ironed I put in the hot rollers for about 20-30 minutes.
10. Took the hot rollers out and pin curled my hair so I could go to bed.
I know that sounds like a lot but the extra steps were due to having to wash and condition my hair. Maintaining my hairstyle for the rest of the week was the easy part.
1. Turn on my Conair Hot Rollers.
2. Roll my hair and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
3. Take out the hot rollers and pin curl my hair.
In the morning all I had to do was take out the pins and use my fingers and a wide tooth comb to style. No sleeping with rollers in my hair. No having to get up early to do my hair. I had the Conair Hot Rollers in my hair while I was watching TV the night before. It was fast and easy and my hair looked great all day long.
I honestly don't know what took me so long to get Hot Rollers cause I think that is the true secret to my hair success. Now that I have them, I want more. I want to see if I can spiral set hot curl my hair.
I know my natural hair friends are probably cringing because of all the heat applied to my hair. But I don't have a relaxer and the hot curlers provide less heat to the hair than if I had used my Gold and Hot curling iron every day.
So what do you think? Anyone willing to give my method a try? Got any hair secrets you want to share?