Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Fancy Feet

It's 6 days until I have the operation on my right foot. The doctor says my left foot is healing well but I'm a little concerned about having to depend on my left foot when it is not completely healed. But the biggest shock to my system was the claim.

The insurance claim for the left foot operation is finally being processed and you won't believe how much one foot cost. $30,000...that's right 3-0-0-0-0! And my insurance has not yet decided how much of it they are going to pay. But my doctor is super cool. The only reason why I allowed this process to happen is because he assured me that whatever the insurance paid is what he would accept. He would not expect me to pay the remaining balance or any co-pays. I have physical therapy tomorrow so I'm going to get a little reassurance from him. Because even my physical therapy sessions cost $460 a session of which my insurance says I should pay $44 for each session. Thus far my doctor has never charged me for anything...not a single co-pay since I started going to him.

I know you can't put a monetary value on body parts...unless you are J. Lo...but at the end of all this my feet might actually be worth $75,000 after all the work that will have been done on them. If only I could cash in on my feet....lol...j/k.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could get your feet insured, LOL