Wednesday, November 08, 2006

You know you are grown

You ever have those moments where you are truly reminded that you are an adult? Well I had one last night. Here are some clues that you are an adult.

After work I came home and cooked dinner. Clue #1 - me cooking. I made crab cakes with broccoli and cheese and a toss salad and I made a fresh fruit smoothie to wash it all down.

Clue #2 - eating healthy. My mom makes a fresh fruit smoothie for breakfast every day...I don't cause I don't want to have to clean the blender. But since I had bought some bananas and strawberries from Fresh Direct I decided I needed to make something with them before they went bad.

Clue #3 - actually having fresh fruit or in my case food at all to cook in the refrigerator. I sat down and watched the news as I ate my meal.

Clue #4 - watching the news. I don't know what possessed me to watch the news and not flip to a music video channel.

So after I ate the healthy meal I had cooked and dined on while watching the news I did laundry. Clue #5 - doing chores. Now y'all know me, chores are for the weekend. I have never, ever, ever chosen or planned to do chores during the week. But lo and behold I was sorting laundry.

But the biggest reminder that I am truly an adult was ending the evening by talking to my mom about what I had cooked for dinner and the chores I had completed. If that is not the most boring and adult conversation you can have with your parents I don't know what is. I used to tease my sister about why are you talking to mom about what you are making for dinner, like that is significant. Umpteen years later I find myself doing the same exact thing. When I realized all of this I wanted to snap myself out of it...go do something young and fun and irresponsible. But ultimately I was too damn tired to do all that...so I went to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww our little Minnie is all growns up....


I'm so proud....

Anonymous said...

WTF?!? What happened? You were my idol :-( Go dance on a table or something!

Icey said...

The true you know you are grown now is when you are ready for bed after (or before) the news goes off!

Maybe I am just old, though I am still on the young side of 30!

Anonymous said...

you are 'growner' than me because I only do chores during the week when its an emergency.