Friday, November 03, 2006

Release Therapy

It's been three weeks since the surgery on my left foot. I'm finally walking without a cane. I started physical therapy in the morning twice a week before I go to work.

Therapy entails soaking my foot in a warm whirlpool for 10 minutes followed by an electroshock treatment for 10 minutes to work the muscles in my foot and help with the swelling. The session ends with the doctor putting vitamin E oil on my scars and gently massaging my foot before bandaging it up. Physical therapy is not fun. It's not overly painful but for the rest of the day my foot bothers me. I'll have spells of it falling asleep or swelling up and of course pain but I can't do anything about it until I go home after work. As much as I complain and despite the pain the doctor says my foot is healing very well. And I haven't lost any range of motion in my toes.

My next surgery is in 10 days. I'm hoping I won't still be wearing a boot on my left foot when it's time for the right foot to get repaired.

No comments: