Thursday, December 14, 2006

Movie Critic

I haven't blogged in awhile. Can't say much has really been happening. But I have just seen two movies this week that have me compelled to blog.

First, if you are looking to rent a DVD I IMPLORE you to rent "American Blackout." Now this one you might have a hard time finding at your neighborhood Blockbuster but Netflix and Blockbuster online both have it. It's a documentary that follows the effors of Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinniey to expose the disenfranchisement of black voters going back to the 2000 election. I'm not the most political person. I don't have any hard, fast political agendas. But wrong is wrong and what our country does to people who try to expose truth will have you thinking we are back in the days of the Jim Crow south.

Next, if you are looking for a movie to see with the family on X-mas day I strongly suggest you buy your tickets in advance to see "Dreamgirls." I know it's one of the most commercially hyped movies right now and every show on X-mas day is going to be sold out but take my word for it, it is worth the watch. I don't think Beyonce deserved the Golden Globe nomination that she received but Jennifer Hudson will blow you away. If you walk out of the movie with your eyes not even a little bit teary, something is the hell wrong with you.

And that's all for now from the movieaholic. I hopefully will post again before X-mas day but if I don't get a chance to Happy Holidays to you and yours and as always I thank you for your love and your support through the years as you follow me on my many misadventures through this journey called life.

No comments: