Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fresh Direct

The last place anyone would ever expect to find me is a grocery store. I live around the corner from a grocery store. Walk past the grocery twice a day, every single day. But I could literally count the number of times I have actually been in that grocery store. And with Fresh Direct I don't EVER have to go grocery shopping again.

I don't know what it is about grocery stores but every time I step foot in one I feel like I'm Alice in Wonderland. I never know where anything is and even if I have a grocery list to get myself organized I'll end up going down the same aisles two or three times because I didn't realize several items on my list were in the same aisle. Whenever I have gone grocery shopping I spent HOURS in the store and bought way more than I intended to buy.

But now I buy my groceries online and life could not be better.

A year ago if someone had told me I would be buying my groceries online I would have laughed at them. I had this perception of online grocery shopping as being lazy, costly and just boogie. Why should I pay someone to get my groceries? But my perception was all wrong.

Online grocery shopping is not lazy but efficient. I just did a time management webinar today and one of the time saving tips was to buy your groceries online. You won't waste time "window" shopping and picking up unnecessary items.

Shopping online for groceries costs the same and sometimes even less. At least with Fresh Direct they have sales all the time and every week there are "President's Picks" in which the company president picks like 10-20 items to charge 50% off...I have caught specials on shrimp, crab cakes, meat, already cooked meals, etc. And delivery is only $5. So you mean all I have to do is pay someone $5 to pick up all my groceries and deliver them to my door as opposed to lugging them myself? The service alone is worth more than $5. Fresh Direct also has incentives for newbies like $25 off your first two orders. So for the last few months I have just been signing up using different email addresses so I can get the discount. The minimum order is $40. I can get $40 of food for $15 plus delivery. That sounds like free food to me and I like getting free stuff...especially food.

Now some of my friends do tease me and say that I have gotten boogie...that I think I'm too good for the grocery store. On the contrary, I'm just all about saving time because as we all know time is money. So instead of spending hours in the grocery store I could be doing something productive or heaven forbid doing something fun.

I like online grocery shopping so much I'm thinking about trying other online grocery stores like Amazon and yourgrocer.com. Now you'll have to excuse me as I have some groceries to put away.

This email was inspired by yet another delivery straight to my door from Fresh Direct.

1 comment:

Tazzee said...

Hey Lady!

I guess I'm different, I love grocery shopping because I do know where everything is and you always get exactly what you came for. As opposed to clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc shopping - sometimes I have to go to three different stores to find what I'm looking for.