Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Second Date

First dates are easy to come by. You go on a date and either you click or you don't. But because first dates are so easy to come by, second dates are a little harder to have.

I don't take any potential suitor seriously until we have been on a second date. But how many dates does it take for you to know if you are feeling someone?

I'm giving this internet dating thing another try because conventional dating, whatever that means, has not worked for me. I met this really nice guy and we have a lot of similar interests but our schedules, location and preferred modes of communication pose a serious challenge to getting to know each other.

I met him through a Craig's List ad and after our first date he said he would take the ad down. I advised him against that. I said you never know who you will meet and you should not put all your eggs in one basket. But after our second date he reposted his ad. Part of me wanted to be offended but a larger part of me really didn't care that deeply. But I sent him an email teasing him about his repost and I must have hit a nerve. It was like he felt guilty about posting and he went on and on about how he would like to get to know me better if I would only make the time.

He's a nice guy...a great guy...just not sure if he is great for me. We have a good time when we do hang out but I don't feel that desire to make time. You know that feeling that no matter how busy your schedule is you are going to find time to see that person. I don't have that feeling. But how do you tell someone, in a nice way, I think you are cool but I don't see this going anywhere and yet still remain cool with the person? Oh well, I guess it's back to the Craig's List ads for me.

No comments: