Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Just To Get By

Excuse me y'all. I just gotta take a moment out to rant about something that is on my mind and on my heart.

I'm tired y'all...just tired. I'm tired of this race called life. Cause no matter how hard you work to get ahead it just seems like you never really get ahead.

I went to college...why...because I was always told/taught that going to college is how you become successful. And I got a degree...for what? Cause I was supposed to and they say you'll make more money. Whatever, I'll be paying student loans for as long as I'll be paying a mortgage for that degree that is supposedly going to make me successful and help me to make more money.

All my life I've been working to get ahead so I could help my family and I'm still not in a position to do that. So what's the point? Should I get on welfare and section 8 housing so I can coast through life not giving a shit. Poor and lower income folks may not have a lot but they get by...I work every day and I'm still just getting by so who really has the right plan. I'm tired of busting ass to just get by.

I don't want to be rich. By no means is obtaining large amounts of money my goal. Cause like Biggie said, more money, more problems. I have always said I just want to get to a position of comfort. So when I want to go on vacation I can just go. When my family needs some financial help, I don't even have to think twice. Where every month I'm not "figuring out" how to pay the bills.

I'm a self proclaimed hustler...don't get me wrong. Everyone, even folks with money, hustle. But when you hustling for survivial even the hustler can get tired of having to hustle. Anyone feeling me on this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah! Feeling you way too well rigth about now. The point of the degree was to obtain more debt...at least thats how I see it rigth about now because it hasn't proved itself worthwhile yet.

-signed the unemployed Queen