Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Precious

I know people are all hyped about seeing "This Is It" or they were hyped about "Good Hair" but I'm actually more interested in seeing "Precious."

I am a movie snob. Meaning there aren't that many movies made today that are worth me paying full admission price for ($12.50 in NYC). And even if a movie is worth paying for, I'll still just wait for it to hit DVD.

I'm also not the type to see a movie on opening weekend. I'd rather avoid the crowds so I can get a good seat. If I do see something opening weekend I get to the theater really early or I catch a matinee.

The New York Times Magazine did an excellent piece on the movie Precious and it's just added to the already positive things I have heard about the film.

For movies based on books I like to read the book first, if possible. As of this blog entry I'm #44 of 156 people that have requested the book on Paperbackswap.com...so it doesn't look like I'll get to read the book before I see the movie. But I still think I'm going to defy my own rules of movie viewing to check out Precious on November 6th.

Is anyone else interested in seeing this movie?

No comments: