Wednesday, October 21, 2009

To Read or Not To Read

This year I have a personal goal of reading 30 books. It's mid-October and I have read 25 books so I am very happy that I am close to my goal.

Once a year, People magazine has a book sale for Time Inc employees. They sell the books they get to review and give the money to charity. So I picked up a few more books and audiobooks. But if I listen to a book rather than read a book, am I cheating on my goal?

It would still be time spent listening to the book versus reading it. The benefit of listening to the books versus reading them is that I can also do something else at the same time like fold laundry, sort through papers, wash dishes, clean my apartment, whatever.

For my last 5 books should I read actual books or throw a couple of the audiobooks I picked up today in to the mix?

1 comment:

MzNewy said...

Yes, Mia it is cheating on your goal when you listen rather than read the book (IMHO) because someone else is "reading" for you. I think of it like using Cliff notes in college....sure you get enough to pass the test but do you really get the material?