Friday, December 05, 2008

Computer Love

Has anyone ever asked you to name one thing you can't live without? Sadly, for me, I can't live without my computer connected to the internet. A computer without an internet connection is just a box. It's the internet that makes it come alive and useful.

I can live without a phone...just chat on AIM or G-chat.
I can live without a TV...just watch TV on my computer.
I can live without a DVD Player...just watch movies on my computer.
I can live without a radio...just listen to music on my computer.
I can live without books, newspapers and magazines...just read on my computer.
I can live without physical stores...just shop on my computer.
I can live without going to a restaurant...just order food on my computer.

So when I go away and I don't have my computer I can still get all my emails on my phone. But it's not quite as comfortable typing an email on my Blackberry as it is on my computer. After about 2 days of not having a computer I begin to go through withdrawal.

One of my boys has been without a computer at home for a few months now. I would go crazy with frustration. If my computer was to break today I'd have to order a computer ASAP. Otherwise I would spend additional hours at work because I couldn't go home and be online.

I love my computer. It's the first thing I get on in the morning and the last thing I'm on before I go to sleep. I cannot live without my computer.

No comments: