Thursday, June 15, 2006

And They Say I'm Not a Journalist

People don't think you are a journalist unless you have a byline in some publication or your face is on the tv screen. Well there are plenty of behind the scenes jobs and those people (myself included) are journalists. But every now and then I'll write a story, column, blog...something...to remind people that I do have the basic journalism skills and I know how to put a story together.

So my internship has come to an end. I got a single byline for my story and a group byline for the entire package. But you'll have to hit me up offline or on email misadventures@gmail.com to get what the exact publication is....so you can look for it online and/or on newsstands.

My main job is known as "The Golden Shackles," and there is the ever so slim chance I could get in trouble for writing for another publication even though I :
A - Do not write for my current employer.
B - Do not work in the section of the paper of which my internship would be associated with.
C - My name is not associated with my employer as if I was a reporter because I get no credit for backend production. Basically my name will never appear in the newspaper or on the website.

The other freelance assignment also ended, but that won't hit newsstands until October, so you'll have to check back for an entry about that. I thought I was only going to get a research credit but it looks like my cover story for that publication will be a double byline. The reporter I've been working with is hella cool. I was surprised she would agree to share a byline with me cause you know how people are about sharing bylines. But we both busted ass on the story and I know it will turn out well.

So I'm still in the hunt for my next internship or freelance assignment. But for the next week I'm going to enjoy not having to get up during the day and catching up on 11 weeks of missed sleep.

1 comment:

Icey said...

Publication please!
blackice1273@gmail.com