Thursday, June 29, 2006

I Need a Hug

I am seriously in need of physical contact...and I'm not talking about sex. In New York people try to avoid each other if anything else. When we get on the subway or walk down the street we go in to our own worlds by listening to our Ipods, reading magazines, books, newspapers, anything so we don't really have to interact with each other.

The only people that hug me are my mom (which might explain why I have been going home so much lately) and my friend German Girl. I don't even think GG realizes how much I appreciate her hugs. And my girl Nadira, every time I see her she gives me a hug...always makes me feel good to get such a warm greeting.

So the other day I hung out with a friend from college that just moved to NJ. It was so nice to get a big, warm, man-squeeze. We were so happy to see each other we hugged twice. That is one thing I really miss about the south. People really are friendlier and warmer. If I needed a hug all I had to do was drive around the corner to the Honey Comb Hideout. Or I had my big brother Unk T or the Big Black Man was always trying to hug up on me. He tested my nerves but at least his hugs were warm, strong and he surely always smelled good.

I'm not saying I want complete strangers to touch me but I just feel so disconnected. Hugs and sex are great stress relievers. I can't get enough of either and right now I'm getting neither...so I would really appreciate a hug.

My niece is coming to stay for the summer with my mom...I know I am guaranteed a hug from her. When ever she is around me she is always up underneath me because my brother ain't the most lovable guy. He's a military guy and he acts like he is allergic to hugs or giving attention. So I don't mind her being under neath me and I'm looking forward to me and my niece hanging out, having a blockbuster night and cuddling up on the couch.

1 comment:

Tazzee said...

I can totally feel this post. I was just telling someone this the other day. The church I've been going to here is not a hugging church like my church in Atlanta. So I could go a couple of weeks without any hugs.