Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Toddler Tech

I was talking to my ex and he just thought it was so cute that his 4 year old nephew has a Gameboy that he falls asleep with and can kick butt in kickboxing on Playstation. I was none to pleased.

No 4 year old child of mine will have their own Gameboy or gaming system of any kind. My kid better know how to read, write and do math at a 1st grade level in order to be privileged to use, let alone own, any gaming system.

I understand there are educational games for kids and I'm all for those but there is an age for everything. I personally think 4 is too young. But then again, I'm not a parent so what do I know.

5 comments:

rekkidbraka said...

I think you're spot on, girl. Four? Waaaay too young for video games. Although we had Pong in our house when I was like, six. But it was the '70s and Pong mostly just sat around playing itself while we played outside.

Unknown said...

Is it safe to assume this child has had his own television since age 2?

Oh, Good Evening!

Anonymous said...

i'm right there with you. no 4 year old should have a system. in todays time, i do not think kids need a video game system until they are at least 12. prior to that, there is too much in the way of fundamentals that need to be addressed.

furious.styles

Mystifiedlady said...

Mike...you guessed right...and who bought him that TV...his Uncle.

Aristocrates said...

My recommendation...read: Everything Bad Is Good For You by Steven Johnson