Friday, September 01, 2006

VMA Recap

Justin's performance when he released Justified was better than this one. Although Timbaland looks like he has lost a few pounds.

I can't believe how bad Jack Black's opening was and his job so far.

The opening SUCKED and Lil Kim is a mess.

Kelly Clarkson was not there because she didn't think she would win.

And Lil Jon's song playing the entire time he was talking had to be a fuck up.
I can't believe folks actually stood up.

And I don't understand the seating...where the hell are people sitting...on the stage? My girl who was there for People mag said there was side platform seating.

The Ludacris moneymaker performance was boring.

Jessica Simpson did sound raspy. There were rumors she was faking her laringitis.

How did pussycat dolls beat shakira? Why did the other nominees for best dance video look mad...and why did Snoop look mad too? He was on the song with the PCD. The PDC's thank yous were too long...they should have gotten cut off with music like they do at the Oscars.

I actually liked the Ok Go performance. They were the guys in the gift suite with me and Tiff from people mag...gotta tell y'all about the gift suite experience another time.

I'm not personally a fan of the American Rejects. Shakira and Wyclef were okay.

Best Pop Video - Pink was even shocked to win that and she broke her moon man.

John Norris' hair looked a mess...he tries too hard to remain young and hip.
But Kurt Loder kept it real.

Was that gin and juice in Snoop's cup and why didn't he have a pimp chalice?

Best Rap video - Chamillionaire wasn't riding dirty but he wasn't ready for that win. And he put 20/20 on blast. Racial profiling...speak on it.

Beyonce's performance was the best performance thus far in the show. Although the moves were out of a Janet Jackson video. Beyonce took her outfit out of a page of En Vogue's past...anyone remember that video where they all wore black leather outfits.

And who was the Silverman chick...her skits were stupid.

If Diddy shortens his name any further it will just be DID.

TI mixed it up...had me throwing up A's in my living room. And the kids dancing in the background was cute. They were trying to lean wit it, rock wit it.

What the hell was wrong with Jared Leto? Just stick to the script and present the dayum award. And I'm slow or maybe Crazy because I didn't know Gnarls Barkley was a group. And the best group winners, American Rejects, were toasted and said they were going to get even more drunk...aighty then.

Ringtone of the year -Who?

Panic! at the Disco - Who again?

Fergie and Little Miss Sunshine coming down the runway to Super Freak - shaking my head

Best New Artist - Who?

Britney and Kevin presenting best R&B video was not a funny skit. Beyonce and Slim Thug as the winners was a good look. BUT K. Fed messed up and said Beyonce featuring Snoop Dogg.

Video Vanguard for Hype Williams presented by Kanye West was actually interesting. I liked what he had to say and it didn't seem like he was reading from a teleprompter. Genious of black video...what a title to have.

Again...who the hell is Sarah Silverman? She was so random it was just odd.

Christina Aguilera...that girl can SANG...cop her album...it's worth the money.

I zoned out on the rock portions of the show.

Having a house band was ...well...different...I'm neutral on it.

Overall: THE SHOW SUCKED!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw all of about 2 minutes of the show and it was during Beyonce's performance. Which I felt like I'd seen before because there was a similar number in Destiny Child's last concert tour.

Anyway-- since I don't really watch muisc videos, I had not reason to watch the show. After skimming your recap and reading your final judgment, I made the right decision.

Oh, Good Evening!

M-Dubb said...

Timbaland? Lost a few lbs?

Mia, check that one again. If you saw him at the 2004 BET Awards, then you would've seen the slimmed down, and even toned up, Timbaland.

This Timbaland looks like he went into hiding after that appearance and stayed in bed eating ho-hos and dingdongs. Tim was supposed to be my inspiration for getting back in to shape.

Sadly, I'll be doing it on my own :-(

M-Dubb said...

And why you got comment moderation AND word verification?

Mystifiedlady said...

Because I don't know what the hell I'm doing with this blog. I had no idea commenting was on moderation let alone word verification. LOL