Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Almost not homeless

So after waiting 12 days...almost 2 weeks...I finally get the good news. I was approved for the apartment I applied for and I will move in Monday March 13...maybe.

See there is still this ever so slight problem. I need to come up with $4,785 like yesterday in order to sign the lease. That's the broker's fee, security deposit and first month's rent. NYTD has still not given me my moving money and today my new tenant is supposed to pay her rent.

So I need everything to fall in to place ASAP so I can get all these certified checks and sign on the dotted line. I'm taking donations if anyone wants to contribute to the Mia Homeless Fund...help Mia get a home.

As far as why I have to wait another month to move in is my unit is in the process of being gutted and renovated. The unit will have brand new everything from hardwood floors to a new kitchen and bathroom. The reason I was interested in the place was because I knew it would be brand new and no one will have used the bathroom or any of the appliances before me. You can check Lenox Terrace out for yourselves. The place does actually look like the pictures. When I checked out the place I spent 2 hours at the complex. I looked at the model, I looked at the potential apts I could have gotten in their gutted form and I looked at units that were in the middle of renovation or just completed within the last week or two before I applied. I talked to the construction workers and the doorman so I got the complete 411 on the place. I even talked to a resident who is also a young, female, black professional and she had nothing but good things to say about the place.

Wish me luck in my endeavor to raise the funds. Something has got to come through. Maybe I should play the lottery today since I am feeling lucky :)

3 comments:

Newy said...

Go Mia....that is a beautiful apartment...What floor? will you have a nice view?

Mystifiedlady said...

I'll be on the 6th floor. A view of Harlem. Schomberg museum is across the street and on a clear day I can see as far as 125th street.

We do have IKEA and they had all IKEA stuff in the model. But I'm sticking with the furniture I had in my house. I will need to get some bookshelves and nicknacks from IKEA to complete the decor.

Actually my balcony is big enough for a grill and patio set...gotta check the rules but I definetely would like a grill and a table with 4 chairs. But I'll probably hit up Home Depot for that stuff.

rekkidbraka said...

So I'll be coming up the last week in June then and leaving... uh... uh... well... hmmm... ;-)