Sunday, February 26, 2006

Birthday Wishes

I usually don't do the birthday wish list thing because why should I set myself up for disappointment if I don't get anything. Please believe I'm very appreciative of all the birthday greetings but it would be nice to get a gift on your special day...the one day and only day where it is 100% okay to be selfish and celebrate yourself.

I'm going to try and look at my wish list as a future shopping list. I can treat myself to something off of my list every now and then. Because what's the point in working if you can't enjoy what you earn sometimes.

26th Birthday Wish List

1. Trinidad Brotha here with me to celebrate (not gonna happen but I can dream can't I)

2. Video iPod (I guess it's about time I get up on the latest technology.)

3. Digital Camera (I hate taking pictures but I need to get better about that...plus I want a nice picture of me and Trinidad Brotha together so I can put it in a nice frame on my desk at work and my nightstand when I move in to my apt.)

4. Sex and the City - The Complete Series (Collector's Giftset)

5. Sex and the City Essentials (There are 4 of them and this is the low grade cheaper gift with the best of romance, lust, mr. big and breakups.)

6. The Da Vinci Code: Special Illustrated Edition (You don't know how hard it is to find this book and I want to read it before the movie comes out this summer.)

7. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6) (As much as I love Harry Potter I never bought or read this book although I partially know what happens in the book.)

8. Victoria's Secret gift card (Want to complete my garden collection and would be nice to by a new panty set...I always feel so sexy in my Vicky's.)

9. FOOD (Someone please take me out to dinner...McCormick and Schmick, Cheesecake Factory, Red Lobster, Olive Garden...SOMETHING)...although I do have plans to go to dinner with my Mom at some point.

10. TIVO with recordable DVR (I'm not even sure if a TIVO with a recordable DVR exists but if it does I want it...it's about time I start saving some of the shows I'm missing when I'm at work.)

Well that's enough wishing for today...above all else I just want to have a nice birthday. I just want it to be a good day for me and I'm going to make the best of it. Although I think there should be a rule against having to work on your birthday.

2 comments:

Newy said...

HAppy Birthday Mia!

Unknown said...

happy belated