Monday, February 13, 2006

Breaking All the Rules

The fact that I am head over heels for Trinidad Brotha goes to show that rules are made to be broken. As my bloggers have always told me I need to loosen up on my rules and I have slightly and I am so glad that I did.

Rule #1 : Do not date another journalist
After my experience dating Hurricane I just didn't want to date another person in the industry because there is only like two degrees of separation in journalism so everyone knows everyone or knows someone who knows someone else.

Rule #2: Do not date a co-worker
Trinidad Brotha not only works for the same company but we work in the same department, Sports. It's cool now because we work in separate buildings and I don't foresee it being a problem when we move in to the new building next year.

Rule #3: Do not date another member of NABJ
This rule should be amended to don't date another high profile person in the organization. I can't hate on NABJ because I wouldn't have met Trinidad Brotha almost 5 years ago if it wasn't for an NABJ convention. I just don't want him to be overly scrutinized by people that knew me when I was with Hurricane. It has been three years and all parties involved have moved on.

Rule #4: Do not date someone younger than yourself.
Trinidad Brotha is three years younger than me and in some ways his youth is obvious but for the most part he is a hell of a lot mature than guys that I have dated that were older than myself. I mean he didn't get to where he is professionally by acting like he's in romper room. His youth is an advantage in that he is not as experienced or jaded as I am in terms of dating and relationships so he gives me a fresh perspective and has renewed my hope in dating and relationships.

Rule #5: Do not date guys with hair longer than yours.
This is a completely superficial rule but he has these long, soft, sexy locks that I love running my fingers threw. He takes extremely good care of his hair and I love how they smell.

Rule #6: Do not date guys from the Caribbean or Africa
It's a well known stereotype that Caribbean and African men can be domineering and have serious attitude issues. But Trinidad Brotha has just enough attitude to keep my New Jersey Drive in check.

In some ways Trinidad Brotha has showed me that some of my rules are just stupid. I was using them as a guideline but he has slipped under the radar and captured my heart.

3 comments:

Newy said...

I think Imma analyze some of my rules too Mia...you really got me thinking sis....

Bullet Proof Diva said...

I really want to say I told you so, but um er uh...I have been looking to see if I need my own set of rules of engagment.


and ..I am very happy for you!!

Bullet Proof Diva said...

oh yea....cradle robber! LOL...just kidding.