Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back in the Hunt

When I decided to do an internship it was because I was bored as hell and was tired of working, coming home, watching DVD's, sleeping late, going to work and doing that day in and day out. So I got a 10 week internship and I thought I would use the extra money to pay off a credit card or something.

Then all hell broke loose. I had to evict my tenant so that left me with rent in NYC and a mortgage in ATL to cover. Now I'm in a position where I need another job.

Through the six degrees of seperation I was able to pick up an extra freelance assignment at another magazine but I probably won't see that money until after the issue comes out. I'm grinding six days at week at the full-time job, internship and now on this freelance assignment. But come June 16 the internship ends and June 19 the freelance assignment is over. So I'm back on the hunt for another internship, freelance position, part-time position or full-time day job. I have applied for damn near everything I think I qualify for. The list is quite interesting:

- Freelance Blogger
- Temporary Fact Checker
- Freelance Fact Checker
- Part-Time Photo Researcher
- File Clerk
- Summer Adminstrative Assistant
- Outreach Assistant
- Confirmation Clerk
- Public Relations Intern
- Library Information Assistant
- Web Producer
- Associate Web Producer
- Part-Time Associate Web Producer
- Editorial Assistant
- Full-Time Intern at a website
- Summer Intern at a website

Pretty much anything I think I could qualify for I IMMEDIATELY apply. I apply to at least one job a day including on the weekend. I spend my days on mediabistro.com and journalismjobs.com checking periodically for updates of new job postings. Something just has to come through because with all my overhead I am clearly a part of the working poor class.

No comments: