Thursday, May 11, 2006

NYC Bargains

For a city that is known for being expensive and overpriced you just gotta love a bargain when you catch one.

Some of the latest bargains I have found:

- Paid $10 to have my hair washed...I thought for sure it would at least cost me $25.

- Paid $2.50 for some fresh cut mango...every time I pass the mango man in Union Square on my way to my internship I stop and buy one.

- Paid $1.50 for a soft serve vanilla ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles from the Mister Softee truck...that's the same price I used to pay for Carvel soft serve vanilla ice cream cones with rainbow sprinkles back in the day.

- Girlfriends paid less than $40 for the various purses they bought on Canal Street...why pay full price for designer purses when you can get them for cheap.

- Got my nails done and even with a few broke nails it only cost me $30...2 weeks ago I paid someone $50 and they did a terrible job so for $20 less I got quality.

- I have a guy in Hawaii that sells me 10 Blockbuster movie coupons for $8 plus a stamp. The cost savings on this one is ridiculous because it's over $5 a movie to rent movies from Blockbuster.

So in a city where the rent on my apt is higher than the mortgage on my house in Atlanta I have to be thankful for the bargains that I found. If anyone else knows of any NYC bargains, pass them my way.

No comments: