Thursday, May 18, 2006

Black Tax

Last night I was watching the movie "Something New" starring Sanaa Latham. I was reminded of the "Black Tax," a term I have never used but I knew what it was.

As defined by the movie and the urban dictionary the black tax is "The notion that Black people have to work and perform regular tasks twice as well as White people." Up until today I had never personally experienced the Black Tax.

Then I get in to work and there is a certain person that has been uncooperative on a project. Two of my coworkers have tried to work with this person and have not gotten the desired results. So somehow working with this person was assigned to me. Of course no one is going to say it's because I'm young and black and this person is young and black but I'm no fool. I have been in the biz long enough to know the logic.

But little do they know that if this person has been uncooperative with them it won't be any different with me. I'm going to do my best but I know I might have to take an L on this. Unless this person understands the power of the Black Tax...that will be my only redeemer. Two other people weren't able to get the project accomplished but because I'm the last one assigned to this it will be remembered as I wasn't able to get it done. Dayum that Black Tax!!!

No comments: