Thursday, March 02, 2006

Birthday Recap

The day started with birthday greetings by email, IM, phone calls, text messages and blog posts. I can definitely say I was feeling the love on my born day.

But it really was an uneventful day and that suits me fine too. I'm just thankful to God to see another year and I really can't ask for more because he blesses me everyday.

I joined the Latin Dance Club at my job and the first lesson was today. So every Wednesday at 1pm I will be getting my dance on. I then went to the main NYTimes office in search of my birthday present from Trinidad Brotha. He got me a video iPod which was the #1 present on my birthday wish list. Well #1 next to having him here with me. He is the best boyfriend I never had and I can't wait for him to get home so we can make things official.

I then treated myself to an late lunch/early dinner before work. I had mentioned to someone that if I was in ATL I would have gone to happy hour at D&B and then for dinner at one of my favorite spots Loca Luna or I would have had drinks and dinner at Houstons (3 martinis for $7). So I got on city search and I found some place I could get paella and it was only a few subway stops away.

Now I'm one of those people that HATES to go out to eat by myself. I just feel lonely and uncomfortable. But I said what the hell, it's my day, can't wait around for others to celebrate me and I'm old and old people go out to eat by themselves. The place was nice and I definitely have to go back. I enjoyed my meal as I tried to make my way through this week's issue of Entertainment Weekly. Of course they gave me more food than I could actually eat so I brought a doggie bag to work.

When I get off of work I will go back to Trinidad Brotha's apt, take a nice hot shower, get in my PJ's, curl up on his couch and watch a movie as I enjoy a slice of Carvel Ice Cream cake.

Happy Birthday to me.

P.s - I'm still accepting gifts off of my wish list :)

2 comments:

Bullet Proof Diva said...

Check your inbox, happy belated play cousin!

rekkidbraka said...

OH NO! Happy LATE birthday! :-(

I gotta send you something from Down South.

I'm sorry, girlfriend. My brain hasn't been connected lately. Please forgive.