Tuesday, August 08, 2006

10 Dates

I have talked to a few of y'all about this concept so I decided to finally blog about it.

One evening as me and my friend Myshell (name change obviously) were waiting for the subway. She said, "I have a new dating rule." "Okay," I said. She said, "I have to go on 10 dates with a guy before we can have a blockbuster night." My first thought...10 dates is a lot of dates. But when you think about it you can have 10 dates in about the course of two months and really get to know a person.

But this is New York and quite expensive so 10 dates is a lot. How about after 5? She said there are plenty of free and cheap things to do in NYC if the guy is creative. The kinds of dates he comes up with or y'all come up with together says a lot about the person. You have to start a situation off right because if all you do from the start is chill at each others places y'all will never go out. She had a point.

I think I'm going to start and stick to a 5 date rule before you can come up in my crib. But what do you think of the 10 date rule? What are some fun and cheap date ideas?

No comments: