Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Know Why I'm Single

Single people get asked all the time why they are single but few actually know the answer to that question. The same reasons why I should not be single is exactly why I am single.

I am single for three main reasons.

1. I CAN BE INTIMIDATING
I'm 26, single, no kids, college educated, great career (notice the word career and not job), I own a home in Atlanta and I have a very nice apartment in NYC, my credit is on point. So basically if a guy doesn't have his stuff together meeting a woman like myself can be very intimidating.

2. I KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT SPORTS
When I tell guys I work in sports their eyes light up. They THINK having a woman that knows sports is a dream come true. WRONG. Guys won't admit it but they want a woman with knowledge of sports not a woman that really knows sports. They want a woman that knows what a touchdown is, the basic rules, etc., etc. so she won't ask questions and interrupt the game. They don't want a woman like me who can offer real analysis and back my arguments up with statistics, etc.

3. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK
My momma did not raise me to be in the kitchen. She raised me to be a studious working gal. As a result she nor anyone else ever bothered to try and teach me to cook. I'm not home that much so my frig stays empty. But my feeling on the cooking issue is that we will never go hungry cause I always know some place to eat. And it's not that I'm not willing to learn but no one has ever bothered to teach. One of my ex's would say I may a pretty good assistant in the kitchen. And please believe I make up for my lack of cooking ability in other areas.

At the end of the day guys really just want to be the knight in shining armor. They want a woman that needs rescuing in some form. That chick ain't me. Cause if I'm with you it's because I WANT you not because I NEED you. If I seriously, seriously NEED you then there is a big problem. You can't have two incomplete people come together to form a whole. God wants us to be complete within ourselves before we are paired with another complete person. Two is only better than one when the strengths of the two combine to be greater than the individuals.

1 comment:

Gregory Lee said...

well i think everything u point out is true, but would like to add that you are stubborn and a bit controlling.