Friday, August 25, 2006

Dateless in Harlem

What does a smart, sexy sistah have to do to get a date?!??!

I have not been on a date in SEVEN MONTHS!!!! That is a dayum shame. Part of the blame goes to my former job. Working nights and weekends was just not conducive to having a social life, a dating life...any life outside of work.

I haven't been on my new job a month yet so I'm still trying to get my feet wet in the social/dating pool. But why is dating so dayum hard? First you have to meet someone and as many people as there are in NYC it is actually very hard to meet people. We walk around in our own little worlds oblivious to those around us.

Second, it's hard to meet quality men. Men pass by me on the street, see me in the subway... every day, but how many of them would even come close to qualifying? Third you have to match up schedules to actually go out on a date. I know I'm hard to catch. I haven't been in NYC a single weekend since I started the new gig. So if anyone was trying to date me they would have to meet up with me during the week or catch me once football starts.

You might say that lunch outing I had the other day with the guy I met on a plane counts as a date but I'm going to say no. Anything less than 2 hours is not a date.

No comments: