Thursday, August 24, 2006

Rejected but not really

A few months ago y'all may remember my endeavor to go to graduate school. Well I didn't get accepted...or so I thought.

Before I started my new job I got an interesting email followed by a phone call from Drexel. They were asking me if I had resubmitted my GRE scores. I was like you rejected me why would I resubmit my GRE scores. They basically told me I was rejected but not really. If I retake the GRE I'm in.

At the time they wanted me to take them again in time for September enrollment. With a new job I just didn't feel there was enough time to prepare for the GRE. Then they said I could wait for Spring admission meaning I would have to retake the GRE by March. I'm about to head in to football season so I don't think I can really prepare for the GRE now. BUT Time Inc. will pay for my GRE class. So I really have to decide what I want to do.

When I had initially thought about going to graduate school I wasn't happy with my job at the time. So I really have to ask myself am I at a point in my life where I'm ready to sacrifice some me time to go to grad school.

No comments: