Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Joy of Reading

I think the thing I love most about New York City is that so many people read. Get on any subway or bus line during rush hour and you'll see people reading books, magazines, newspapers, textbooks, etc. The New York Times recently ran a story about the joys of subway reading. I do the majority of my reading on the subway. And there have been a few times that I have missed my stop because I lost track of where I was because I was so in to what I was reading. Despite the fact that there are all these people around me I am in my own zone.

One of my personal goals this year is to read 30 books. It hasn't been easy balancing magazine, newspaper and book reading when the majority of my reading is done on the subway. With my commute that's only 45-60 minutes a day of reading/commuting time. But I have read 20 books...10 more to go.

No comments: