Thursday, September 17, 2009

Soup Season

With all the rain we got in June, summer has come and gone...already. Temperatures were in the low 80's at the beginning of the week and we are now in the mid 60's. It's starting to feel like soup season.

I had a gift certificate from Omaha Steaks so I decided to purchase some Lobster Bisque. They have a pretty good one. I also started planning when I'll make my first batch of gumbo (probably mid-October). For lunch I like to go to Hale & Hearty soup and I'm sure they will be bringing back some of my winter favorites like Tomato Cheddar.

I'm looking forward to going home after a long day of work, enjoying a bowl of soup, wrapped in my favorite blanket (because I don't have a Snuggie), cuddled on my couch, watching a movie. Only thing that would make it better is to have someone to cuddle with...maybe I'll get a pet...LOL.

No comments: