Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Roxanne's Revenge Was A Lie

You may have read the story from the New York Daily News about how Roxanne Shante got her label to pay for her education. WELL IT WAS ALL A LIE!!! According to Slate.com the entire story was false. I don't know who to be mad at more or mad at first. Should I be mad at the NY Daily News for not doing their research? Should I be mad at Roxanne Shante for LYING?

Everyone loves a rags to riches story especially in this current economic state. And we have all heard the stories of music artists getting jilted by the music labels and various people they worked with. It was nice to read about the little person getting the best of Goliath. So I'm just pissed and disappointed. Maybe it's just me. But I will apologize to anyone I forwarded the original story too. It's still a good story...too bad it was all fiction.

No comments: