Thursday, July 27, 2006

Fashion Frenzy

I was trying to avoid blogging while on vacation but my list of topics is rapidly building and I just couldn't hold it in.

So I'm doing laundry today and getting ready for my first day at SI.com. As I'm putting outfits together...it hits me...every professional looking thing I have in my closet comes from Gap or Express. I am a walking ad for their stores.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not big on labels or fashion...period. I like to wear what is cute (on me), comfortable and affordable. And I don't go shopping often because anyone who knows me also knows I hate malls. But I guess over time, every time I have gone shopping, I have picked up a few items here and a few items there but the few items are all from Gap or Express.

I'm not sure what the dress code is at my new job yet. You would think, being a sports magazine it's all athletic attire. But at least for the first two weeks I'll be looking like something straight off the mannequin until I can go on a shopping spree but that won't be until late September/October at best.

1 comment:

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

Wow...congrats at working at SI.com...i hope it works out for you. I'm like you...I don't realize it but I have a lot of GAP (former employer)....I have got to stop advertising for them.