Thursday, July 13, 2006

Get Your Game Up

An interesting tidbit from one of the conversations I had with my nieces and nephew.

We talked about dating...apparantly all of us (me and them) are single. One of my nieces has double D's but my brother is a former Marine so he doesn't even let males of any age look at her. She's not allowed to sit in the front seat of his ride because grown men stare at her and he has been known to flip people off. So she sits in the back cause the windows are tinted.

My other niece is a workaholic, like me, but I think she be big pimpin in Paterson because truthfully she is probably related to every other person in Hackensack. My family and her dad's family have been in Hackensack for generations so you get the idea. Before you can date someone from our town you have to damn near research their family tree to make sure they ain't related.

And my nephew won't admit it but I think he is far too selfish to give a girlfriend the kind of attention she would want. But he does love to talk on the phone, like his father (my brother), and so talking a good game is in his genes.

But one of my nieces was with me when I was hanging out with one of my friends from college that recently moved to NJ. She asked me why I didn't date him because he is really cute...and she started talking about his sexy build and I cracked up laughing cause I didn't realize she had paid him that much attention. I told her he has a girlfriend and we are just friends. She said, "So." I was like what do you mean so...he has a girl which means he is unavailable. "Well Auntie you can take him from her." I just laughed because I couldn't believe what she was saying and that my 17 year old niece was giving me dating advice. She finally said, "Auntie, you need to get your game up." And my other niece and nephew nodded in agreement. That was like a moment from the twilight zone.

No comments: