Monday, July 31, 2006

Time After Time

I left the New York Times for Time Inc...Sports Illstrated.com specifically. It's day one so I don't really have much to say. I'll just tell you a few things I learned today.

1. My commute was sick. I tried to catch a 1 train at 72nd after getting off a 2 express. I wasn't even able to get on the 1 train when it arrived...and late at that. So I hopped back on an express to 42nd, took a 1 uptown to my stop and it was all good. From now on I will be taking the 2 or 3 to 42nd and then the 1 uptown...it's faster

2. My offer letter never told me what time I had to be to work. So I get to HR and they are like why are all of today's new hires scheduled for next week's orientation. So they changed my orientation. I don't like being late and I missed the first 15 minutes of the presentation but I think I got the most important stuff.

3. I'm not getting my first check until August 24. I thought I was getting my first paycheck on August 10. So basically I have to go a month with NO MONEY. I already hit up my mom...I'm about to hit up an ex...I'm about to see if I can take a cash advance on a credit card...I'm bugging Essence to pay me what they owe me and soon. There is no way I can go almost an entire month with no money.

4. I like the project and the people I'm working with...thus far. They actually had all the people on my project start on the same day so we are newbies together.

5. The best part of all my schedule is 10am - 6pm. I am floating on cloud nine.

1 comment:

Newy said...

What's the dress code looking like?

Not an early shift and not a late departure...the best of both worlds!! :-) congrats...

2amazu