Thursday, March 30, 2006

F.I.L.A.

Forever I Love Atlanta! I'm a FILA all day, every day. I love Atlanta and I don't think I will ever truly be a New Yorker cause my heart is in the ATL.

I'm so excited about seeing the movie. I'm going to be sure to support the film on opening weekend. And I'm not really a T.I. fan but I was so tempted to buy the CD.

When I went down to Atlanta last week I hated to have to leave. I was so excited to get home, cause home is where your heart is, that I made it down there in 12 hours, 30 minutes...no stopping except to get gas. I was beasting the highway. Back in college my friends would call me Richard Petty, Road Warrior, Trooper, Knight Rider, etc. When I'm driven my professional driving skills come out of hibernation.

Two things I had to get when I got down there...some chicken from Harold's and a frosty from Wendy's. You just don't know how hard it is to find a Wendy's up here. And I was so saddened to find out that MY WENDY'S (the one I always went to buy the crib) had closed down. Not like there aren't 5 Wendy's between my house and my old job but that was MY WENDY'S. So I had to pour a little frosty out in honor of the dearly departed.

Surprisingly I didn't make it to Dave & Busters. I didn't even make it to that side of town. But that's aight because when the D&B on 43rd Street opens I will most definitely be a regular.

Unfortunately these trips to ATL have been mainly for business purposes. Although I don't think my friends realize how much I enjoyed our emergency happy hour because I was in town and to watch 24 and TIVO'ed episodes. It felt like I never left. I'll be back this weekend, short business trip again but after this I promise the next visit will be for pleasure.

I would like to fit a visit to the piercing shop and Inserection before I roll out again. I really want my eyebrow re-pierced and possibly my tongue. If I can feasible figure out a way to work and not talk I'll get my tongue done. And the Inserection visit is because I think I'm finally ready to break down and buy some toys...on the real. Cause coming home every night to my DVD's and an adult beverage is just not having the effect it used to have. Might be time to upgrade my leisurely activities. But if I don't get a chance to get the stuff on this trip I'll have Mz.B make a run for me before she comes up for her visit ;) That will be one butterfly and one rabbit, please...and get the crew to put $5 on it.

4 comments:

Newy said...

Dang Mia didn't make it to adult hours at D&B *smile* glad you made it down though....Do you still have your house down here?

Mystifiedlady said...

I still have my house in Atlanta. I'm trying to hold on to that tax break as long as I can.

rekkidbraka said...

AAAAAHHH! Didn't know you was back in The ATL. *sob* Dag, doesn't Jellybeans just sound like the coolest place on Planet Earth? I wish I was a fly rollaskata. Or, um, that like I could just stay upright for more than five secs at a time instead of falling around everywhere on my izz-azz. ;-)

Tazzee said...

Girl, I know exactly how you feel. I'll be in Atlanta the weekend of April 8, April 26 - 30, and the weekend of May 20. That's all I know for now, but like you I am FILA.