Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Money Matters

Do you ever think you are too concious about money?

I think I have become more money concious than usual. I have excellent credit. If I wanted to buy another house or a new car today I could with no problem.

I have been trying to pay off stuff since I graduated college and even though NYC is expensive as hell, I think I'm finally in a position to do that.

I paid off my Capital One card to be able to transfer the balance of my MBNA credit card. I transferred my MBNA loan to my Discover card. And I changed one of my Wells Fargo loans in to a cash on demand card so I could get a lower interest rate. I just want to have less bills so I can pay more to each account. I eventually want to close the MBNA accounts but given my debt to credit ratio I need to keep them open at least until I pay more on my other existing accounts.

Don't ask me what has kicked me in to high gear on paying stuff off but every dime of overtime I earn I try to figure out what to put that extra money towards. I'm tired of being in so much debt. I realize it is unrealistic to not be in at debt at all but I would love to get to a point where my only debts were my student loan and my house...and those are good debts. But all the other stuff I want to be rid of.

Anyone else feel me on pushing yourself to rid yourself of debt?

4 comments:

rekkidbraka said...

Hey, shedding debt? GREAT thing. Right now I'm trying to get the right documents so that I can possibly file an amended tax return for 2004 since I apparently overpaid on capital gains by perhaps as much as 50%.

Remember Lea at work telling us "You kids today! All your talking about money" and how her generation didn't give a flip about finances? Yeah, I'm GLAD we're not her generation. ;-)

Mystifiedlady said...

Lea used to laugh at me when I would say that I bought my house at 25 if I actually take the full 30 years to pay it off I'll be 55 when my house is paid off and I can retire.

Bullet Proof Diva said...

I am proud, you are all grown up and stuff.

Tazzee said...

Hey Lady!

You know I feel you on this post. To answer your first question - yes, I do think I'm a little too conscious about money. So I'm trying to lighten up a little.

I'm proud of your debt reduction aspirations.