Friday, March 31, 2006

Broken Hearted

What do you do to recover from a broken heart? For me, I focus on me and work on what I'm successful at since relationships I am clearly not successful at. So my latest solution for a broken heart is a new hustle.

That's right, by day I'm working at a magazine and by night I'm working my regular job. I don't have time and I'm far too busy to be lonely or broken hearted. I know y'all are going to tell me that this is probably not the best way to handle the situation and I'm probably going to burn out but it's in my genes.

I was talking to my mom about it and she said I'm just like my dad in that when the going gets tough you work harder and find new avenues to release your energy. That's exactly what my dad would do.

And don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Trinidad Brotha. I'm glad that he has realized his true feelings before things between us went any further. But at the same time, I'm human. I'm not going to say it doesn't hurt...I still miss him...even if in my mind I know it's for the best my heart still yearns to love and to be loved.

I know God is working on me and he ain't done yet. My day of not always being the sacrificial lamb will come...I still have hope...I still believe that God has a divine plan for me.

So for now I'm excited about the new job opportunity. I have never worked at a magazine before so I'll get a chance to see what that is like and gain some experience and also do something I don't do every day in my regular job. I'm also contemplating going back to graduate school and pursing a master's degree online. But that's another topic for another entry.

2 comments:

Newy said...

I think you are doing the right thing MIA, focus on what you can change....

FOL said...

there are lots more Trinidad brothas where he came from; I am one myself.