Saturday, March 11, 2006

Harlem U.S.A.

I got my keys and I have officially started moving in to my apartment. I'm now living in Harlem U.S.A. and trust me there is no place anywhere like it.

My furniture doesn't come until Wednesday or Thursday but I don't care. I will be sleeping on the floor tonight with my pillow and blanket. I've already paid the rent so why not sleep where my money has been spent.

For my first full day in Harlem I'm going to do a little unpacking, see the Dave Chapelle movie at the Magic Johnson theater on 125th street and then later hit a spot on the east side with some of my friends before catching Desperate Housewives.

So look at your calendars and start picking some dates to visit. I have Mocha Angel and Velvet Sting down for May 4-8. Rekkidbraka needs to look at a Yankees schedule so we can pick a date to catch a game. Who else trying to make their way up to the big city for a visit?

5 comments:

rekkidbraka said...

Woot! And double woot! Girl, I can't woot so... mad props. Word. I'm too old skool for all this woot jazz.

Icey said...

Girrrrll don't get to inviting cause I will take you up on that invitation and I have never been to NYC! I will be in MD in June for a graduation and I hear NYC is only a train ride away! lol

Glad you are finally able to move into your OWN space and in Harlem no less!

Bullet Proof Diva said...

I am definitely trying to make it there! I can't wait to see your digs!!

Mystifiedlady said...

Start picking dates...I need to mark off my calendar and make sure I have the time off...cause y'all know I work nights and weekends.

Tazzee said...

I will definitely come visit. I'll have to check my calendar - but it will probably be in August before it gets too cool up there. When I was there last year, my short visit to Harlem was my favorite part.

Email me your address, I want to send you something from your birthday wish list.