Saturday, March 18, 2006

Ultimate Hustler

I met the Ultimate Hustler yesterday. His hustle(s) are so tight that Damon Dash should have had him on his show.

First off it's like this dude doesn't even exist. He claims to have boxed as an amateur and he goes by several alias. I was not able to find anything on this man. Nothing at all under any of the pseudo names he gave me. But I'm not too concerned cause I'm not trying to really be that tight with this guy. Just another interesting person you can run in to in NYC.

So over a fish sandwich and some tea he explained to me how he turned a DVD hustle in to his ultimate empire. I was actually amazed that he was able to turn a slightly illegal hustle (it's not like he's selling drugs) in to some legitimate businesses like a barbershop, a small restaurant and a few properties. He has his DVD hustle, ladies handbag hustle, etc., etc....not trying to give away all the man's secrets. In a way, he is a business man.

But he got me thinking...cause all black people have a hustle. This J-O-B is my legal, taxable hustle but I damn sure wouldn't mind having a hustle on the side to make some of that tax free money that could go straight towards paying down some debts...but there I go being way too money conscious again.

Shout out to all the hustlers striving and surviving...you got your hustle and I have mine.

1 comment:

rekkidbraka said...

You know what my side hustle might soon be?

Brace yourself.

DJing Atlanta Rollergirls rollerderby jams on Sundays.

Girl, I ain't playin' ya. I gotta IM you tonight with all the dirty details. Talk me out of it. Or better yet - INTO this mutha. ;-)