Thursday, April 20, 2006

Birth Control Debate

The last time I reupped my birth control shot the doctor said to me, why are you on birth control if you are not in a relationship and you are not having sex? She had a point.

I haven't regularly had sex or been in a long term relationship in quite some time. But ever since the situation with Hurricane went down I have faithfully been on the shot. Just don't want no man to have the power to fuck me over in that way again.

I do think I have become dependent on my birth control shot. I remember what it was like when I did get a regular period. I didn't have PMS, cramping, bloating and all the other stuff most women have. My only symptom I would become so tired I could sleep for 12 hours straight and still feel like I hadn't slept at all.

I'm partially afraid to make the transition off the shot. Now would be a good time because I'm not dating, I'm not in a relationship and I'm not having sex so there is no risk of pregnancy. But what will the chemical change do to my body, particularly my emotions. I'm far too busy for my body to go through a change where I may feel sleepy all the time. And I don't want coming off the shot to throw me in to a depression. There are enough things going on in my life that could make me depressed without me aiding it by forcing my body to go through a change. Strange as this may sound, the shot has chemically balanced my body out.

As you can see I'm not really sure what to do. I have about another month before I have to get my shot again and I need to make up my mind. Of course this isn't the only thing in my life I need to make up my mind about but I have to start tackling things one by one.

1 comment:

sunshine said...

Feel ya sister- I just got off of bcp because I just sick of taking them every day!