Saturday, April 01, 2006

A-T-L

I saw the movie ATL and I'm not going to say it's the best cinema I have ever seen but it sure made me home sick and sentimental for Atlanta. I was tearing up from the start because you know most movies start off by setting the scene. So they showed various places in Atlanta and I just wanted to cry.

I won't spoil the movie but I will point out one HUGE inaccuracy. In one scene they are in a Waffle House and their waitress is Monica (the singer). Her hair is two toned, blond on top and red underneath. As I'm watching this scene I'm like you know nobody that looks that good works in a Waffle House. It's like it is almost a requirement to be busted with a few missing teeth in order to qualify for a position at Waffle House...any position at Waffle House. So that was the biggest inaccuracy that I had a nice laugh to myself about because that was the one thing that was not a true portrayal of Atlanta or of any Waffle House I have ever been too. But what I wouldn't do for a waffle right now...hmmmm.

I have moved around a lot but I have to admit, leaving Atlanta had to be the hardest move I have ever made. It's not like I moved to Podunk, Idaho or something...I moved to the Big Apple BUT home is where your heart is and mine is in Atlanta.

I am so homesick and I was born and raised here. If I could come back to Atlanta every weekend I would but I know that is just ridiculous and unreasonable. I wonder if NYC will ever feel to me like ATL does. I know it's going to take some time because trust I was not immediately in love with Atlanta but it also didn't take me long to fall in love with ATL.

So please go support the movie. Don't bootleg it. Whether you are in Atlanta or not it might make you a little sentimental too.

2 comments:

Newy said...

I'm tagging you MIA
http://mznewagenda.blog-city.com/ive_been_tagged_by_shenehneh.htm
The rules are
1. Who ever I tag has to come up with 10 different points of their perfect lover
2. Mention the gender of target
3. The person tagged has to tag 8 people and leave them a comment letting them know they have
been tagged.

rekkidbraka said...

JELLYBEEEEEEANNNNNNS!