Tuesday, April 11, 2006

D&B in NYC

I had a pretty good weekend. I know it's Tuesday so why am I talking about the weekend but you know Tuesday is my Monday.

Saturday I went to the open house at Drexel and I was already intrigued by the program and now I'm 100% sure I want to pursue grad school full throttle.

Sunday I got some much needed sleep, watched a DVD, did some unpacking and started on my grad school application. But the highlight of my day was a trip to the newly opened D&B on 42nd between 7th & 8th. It's right in the middle of Times Square. German Girl and Jersey Boy invited me to go because GG has her godbrother visiting this week and she knew that would be a great place to take him and his friend. I was more excited than anyone to be at D&B.

For the first time in months I truly felt at home in NYC. D&B was my regular spot and you best believe it's going to be my regular spot in NYC. I started getting aquainted with various workers, talking to them, etc. Cause I plan to have my face in the place on the regular. Of course the drinks are more expensive. The same $6/7 drink in Atl is $10/12 here. They have happy hour Monday-Friday from 4:30-7pm...just like Atl...BUT the drink special is only $1 off each drink. Not quite the half priced special I was hoping for. They don't have the Power Combo where if you buy certain entrees you get a $10 power card with it. They don't offer late night happy hour and sadly they don't have any pool tables. A D&B without pool tables? Of course the place is not as big as the one in ATL but this is NYC and space is limited and expensive. And the menu is slightly different but I remember in January they were making some changes to the drink and food menu. It's not quite the Atl D&B but it will do. And if I didn't have a conference call today at 4:30 I would be up in there.

Monday of course I worked at my internship but in the evening I took a dance clinic that was kick ass...or should I say it kicked my ass. My body still hurts from the experience. Latin dancing does not require as much use of all the muscles in your body as the class I went too. But it was good for my ego to see that despite no formal dance training I could still hold my own with some of the best. Cause there were some people in the clinic that have been dancing since they could walk. I was just there for fun, the experience and a good workout and I got all three.

So that was my weekend and you best believe I will be in D&B at least two more times before this week is out.

No comments: