Sunday, April 09, 2006

To Do List for the To Do List

Have you ever noticed that when you make a list of things to do each thing on your list has its own list. And then even some of those things on the to do list for the to do list could have their own to do list. (Try saying that five times fast.) Here's my latest to do list and you'll see what I mean.

Apply to Graduate School by self appointed deadline of May 14
- Fill out online application
- Apply for financial aid
* Fill out Drexel Financial Aid Application
* File a FAFSA
* Search for scholarships
# Register for FinAid site
- Request transcripts
- Request GRE scores
- Write essay
- Get people to write recommendations

Clean and unpack my apartment
- Buy cleaning supplies
* Convince Mother that I am too busy to go shopping and get her to buy cleaning supplies
# If I get Mother to buy cleaning supplies:
+ Clean bathroom
+ Dust
+ Mop hardwood floors
- Take out trash
- Recycle
- Wash clothes
* Sort laundry first
* Try convincing Mother that I am too busy to wash clothes as well
* If Mother doesn't work, try bribing my niece.
- Start unpacking the MISC boxes first and purging
* Be sure to shred EVERYTHING
- Get my nephew to come to apt and put up shelves and blinds

And last but not least and probably the most important, FIND TIME TO DO ALL THIS STUFF!

No comments: