Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Job Junkie

Being in NYC, the media capital of the world, has turned me in to a job junkie. There are just so many opportunities here for freelance, part-time and full-time work.

As y'all know I'm interning at a magazine during the day and working my regular gig at night. Well a few days ago I interviewed for a potential freelance position with a .com and I have an opportunity to do some freelance fact-checking at another magazine.

I know you are thinking how in the hell can you do all this? Well, it's all about time management. My permanent gig is what it is so the days and hours are set. My current internship ends the middle of June. The freelance fact-checking at another magazine would begin the middle of June. And the freelance position with the .com would be from whenever I started (if chosen) until the beginning of September. So that would be just enough time for me to get in to the groove of grad school, if I get in.

As much as I'm trying to do and there really is a method to my madness. I know I can't do it all but I can do quite a few things if I time things correctly and manage my time wisely.

The problem is that almost every single day I find a new opportunity or get sent an email about an opportunity I might be interested in and I'm interested in them all. But there are only 24 hours in a day...168 hours in a week...as much as I would like to do it all I know realistically I can't do it all but it sure is a nice change from Atlanta to have other professional options.

No comments: